How do I set up Rocketmail with android?

bokeh

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. New android user here after finally dumping my Blackberry (Yay!).

So far I love the OS and my sprint Hero. The only fly in the ointment so far is that I cannot find any info on how to set up a Rocketmail account on my phone. Even the guy at sprint didnt know.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? Rocketmail is really just a yahoo email but I need all the correct info to enter into my phone to get it to work. Is this even possible?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You have to pay for an upgrade to yahoo mail plus to be able to use it with third party software. Here are the settings if you pay for it:

* Incoming Mail Server (POP3): plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 995
* Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

bokeh

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
If I have to pay then poopoo on rocketmail and all things yahoo. I mean, they are already bleeding off users left and right to google and they now want me to pay just to use a basic service everybody else gives for free. Oh well. Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

@drm2blv- yes, I tried importing and i get a message saying that gmail cant identify the pop server.

I have searched the web and find many people with this problem but no solution. Well, I take that back...there is something about switching to yahoo.co.uk setting to get it to work. But this is rapidly getting to the 'jumping thru hoops' stage.

you know what, i kinda like gmail better anyway.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Once you convert to gmail you will be sad you havent been using it the whole time. The email experience is awesome, the threaded messages and all are killer.

Depending how many people you email on yahoo just give em the new email address or just put on an "out of office" reply with the new contact information in it.

the_nerd32

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. New android user here after finally dumping my Blackberry (Yay!).

So far I love the OS and my sprint Hero. The only fly in the ointment so far is that I cannot find any info on how to set up a Rocketmail account on my phone. Even the guy at sprint didnt know.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? Rocketmail is really just a yahoo email but I need all the correct info to enter into my phone to get it to work. Is this even possible?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

found out how to get rocketmail to work on my htc evo...

1. open up mail icon
2. go to new account
2. follow prompts till here
input settings starting from imap server down then hit next
photo2.jpg

then input starting from smtp down
photo3.jpg

hit next let it verify then hit finish and your done and you should be good to go

Reactions: roketgrl

john4

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Alternate Fix

Nerd's fix is correct for his phone, not quite for MyTouch

I had to use alternate SSL setting on outgoing page-(Accept all Certificates) and it came right up--Incoming page identical

Thanks Nerd

No need for Yahoo upgrade to use rocketmail

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You have to pay for an upgrade to yahoo mail plus to be able to use it with third party software. Here are the settings if you pay for it:

* Incoming Mail Server (POP3): plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 995
* Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THAT... you have to set it up manually with an IMAP type... my only problem is it worka for standard yahoo but how do you so it with a rocketmail yahoo account

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
For rocketmail on my sprint optimus s it went like this:
Username
Password
Manual setup
IMAP
Imap server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
PORT: 143
Security: none
NEXT
Username with the @rocketmail.com
Password
Smtp.mobile.yahoo.com
Security type none
port: no change
Took 2 hours
To figure out haha but finally got it

roketgrl

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
make sure on the out going you follow step as you show just add the word android infront of the smtp so it should read

android.stmp(the the rest as shown thanks for all the help the droid is amazing :) look at nerd_2 orig posting on the full rocketmail set up it totally workd tr

Last edited:

roketgrl

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
on the out going make sure it reads
android.smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com(to set up rocketmail)
i just did all the steps like you said and was haveing a problem with out going so adding the word android actually fixed it why i dnt know but thank you for all the help....

i was a blk berry user for a long time and wow i love the htc inspire droid is amazing:-*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11