IMEI problem - LG G3 d582

aspergerian

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm having an IMEI problem. I'm graduating from a LG Sunset (Tracfone) to an unlocked LG G3 d852, first distributed by Rogers CA. I live near Denver, the "new" phone's use would be almost entirely within one county. The d852's Android shows a 14 digit IMEI, but Tracfone doesn't accept that number, wants a 15 digit number. Does Canada have an IMEI format different from IMEI format in USA? I'm awaiting a new Tracfone sim card for the d582, so have been using wifi and exploring the d582. Should I retain hope that the d582 can work with Tracfone? The IMEI discrepancy is troubling. Help and advice would be appreciated.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
From what I saw on their site, tracphone will only accept ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon....and some various unlocked GSM devices.

aspergerian

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
The issue began with an error. I miswrote the LG G3 d85e IMEI on a pad by my laptop. . Very helpful was IMIE.info. With the correct IMIE and the d852 specs, Tracfone was able to determine that my "new" phone ought work in Tracfone network. Now I'm waiting for the new sim card to arrive from TF. I appreciate the two responses and apologize for presenting what rapidly became a non-issue.