When clearing "cache"won't i lose information or documents ?

myself 2 me

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm a novice to Android and limited in understanding cell phones and the "lingo" in general. I think I'm learning good for 76yrs but please keep answers and word usage simple. I don't understand what cache IS pertaining to Android cell phone I DO know what it is if I find a cache of the squirrels nuts or better yet I find a truckload of $100 bills. I'm fearful.of clearing cache because I don't know what it does and h.ow it relates to my Android

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You won't loose any personal info. Cache is basically stored info of commonly used info that the system generates. Instead of running the same processes over and over and over again for the same result, it records the result from the first use and then simply refers back to that result any time it's asked to do that process again.

It's all background stuff that the user never sees. When you clear the cache, you're simply erasing those results but not the process used to get them. So the system may slow down a little (you may not even notice it) as it recreates those results and stores them again.

Cache is like working out a multiplication table. Once you have the answers, you can refer back to the table the next time the problem comes up instead of working it out again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463