Since I got my replacement LG G4 (which has Marshmallow), I have been trying to put things back together again, including my Hangouts settings. However, whenever I try to change my notification tone to something not default, it just returns "Default Ringtone (VZW Airwaves)". This is beyond frustrating and happens not just with Hangouts, but also with Google Messenger. Is this something that's baked into the OS?
    09-28-2016 04:11 PM
    Moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended more for developers to promote their apps.

Are you changing the notification tone from within the Hangouts settings, or from the phone's main Settings menu?
    09-29-2016 12:19 PM
    Sorry I hadn't looked at this for a while, but now I'm getting back to it. I'm trying to change the notification tone from within the Hangouts settings.
    10-15-2016 03:33 PM
    I've actually been having this issue as well lately. The latest Hangouts update seemed to be affected by a number of bugs, so this might be one of them. Report the issue to Google using the Feedback option within the Hangouts settings menu, then wait for the next update -- hopefully they'll fix it!
    10-16-2016 04:57 AM