a) smartphone - galaxy j1 mini android 5.1.1
b) tablet - Currently I have McAfee. - Prestigio Android 4.4.2

Thanks,
Karl

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!

If, and I say if, I were to use any, it would be Kaspersky. I don't run any cleaning apps anymore, or virus apps. If you use the Play Store effectively, by only downloading trusted apps, from notable developers, and you don't install apps outside the play store, you should never have a problem. But if you're just absolutely sure you need it, my vote would be for Kaspersky.

Hope you have an awesome day!

Chris

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Android is remarkably safe and I don't use antivirus either. The only time you're at much risk is when discussing from sketchy sources or clicking those bait "you have a virus, click here to remove it" pop ups when visiting questionable websites. Google play is safe, and Amazon has an app store too. I think there's another safe one, but don't remember the name.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well "Google play is safe" may not be true anymore. Just read an article that says hundreds of apps on Google Play had malware and other bad stuff hidden within the apps. Google slow in weeding those apps out.

krihsna

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
i am using avl pro [ antiy ] since more than two months on 5.1 android aosp device.

the app consumes less ram & runs smoothly. the settings are easy & can be configured easily.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The best one is the one that has the virus you got in its data file. Most of the big names are about the same - Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus, AVG AntiVirus Security, Avira Antivirus Security, Kaspersky Internet Security - over the years I've used them all, and never notices any difference in how many viruses they caught. Some get false positives on some viruses until it's fixed, but it's about the same for all of them.

Also run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - it catches malware that isn't a virus or Trojan.

marysfx

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Dr. Web light worked perfectly for me. But I don't like when it always sits in memory and scans the system. I installed, checked all phone files and deleted it. It happened when I got HOMTOM phone with a malware included in a firmware.