Corrupted Micro SD Card

Strum355

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
The other day, my LG G3 froze completely, not even the power button worked. So i pulled the battery on it. The phone turned on again and i was told the SD card is corrupted (Sandisk 32gb). i had over 20gb of data on there that id rather not lose. Its not recognized by windows when i use a micro sd to USB adapter, micro sd to SD adapter, so i cant run chkdsk on it. Under linux (mint 18), gparted returns an error that it cannot access it (therefore it doesnt show up under the disk selection drop down menu). Testdisk is unable to do anything to it (unless i didnt use it correctly), ddrescue is unable to recover anything (unrecoverable data counter and error counter rise continuously), dd doesnt work either (constant IO error), doesnt show up in file browser either. Any idea if i can recover anything?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If Testdisk and ddrescue can't read it, it's gone. You can try contacting SanDisk tech support at SanDisk microSD Tech Support (live chat). They're pretty good. (They'll probably have to replace the card though - which is why you should always have everything backed up.)