Media volume issue on S7 Edge?

venture93

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys.

I have an issue and its driving me absolutely insane for the past 24 hours. My media volume appears to be stuck on mute, I physically cannot move it, take it off mute, turn it up or anything. Everything else works, I haven't had any other issues, I've restarted the device and it appears to be fixed for a second, it goes up to full volume, but the second I do something like enter a game, it goes straight back to mute and the same problem reappears. If it's on mute, and I enter an app such as Spotify etc. I can play music, the media volume goes back up, but the second I do something such as go into a game, its back down to mute and bugged out again.

Its driving me absolutely insane and I wonder if anybody can help?

Thanks so much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

venture93

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
Thanks for the tip! I might have narrowed it down to Candy Crush. Any idea how to fix that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apart from leaving Candy Crush uninstalled? If it's an inherent bug in Candy Crush, then I can only suggest emailing the developer about the issue.

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
The problem is caused by phone app. Each and every time I make a call, then the media volume goes mute. I installed an app (volume fixer) from the play store but it's really frustrating to use the app every time after the call.

It's undoubtedly caused when making a call. Any permanent solution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane