My tablet is hot for absolutely no reason.

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
My tablet (gt-p5113) is getting hot. The heat you would expect from playing intense games, except it happens whenever I am using the tablet at all. The tablet is not laggy. The battery life is normal. I can tell that the heat is coming from the CPU, not the battery. This has never happened before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to see the battery stats when this happens. Let it occur for a little while, then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And where in that graph corresponds to when the tablet is getting hot? Is it only when the screen is on, or even when it's idle?

There should also be somewhere you can see how much battery % each app is using--can you show us that?

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
My tablet gets hot when it is in use. And I did show you the screen showing how much % each app is using. That is the second screenshot. No apps were consuming battery. None at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My tablet gets hot when it is in use. And I did show you the screen showing how much % each app is using. That is the second screenshot. No apps were consuming battery. None at all.

Hmm.:confused: That second screenshot is very unusual, because even if no apps are being used, something will still be using battery (like Android OS or System). Is your tablet rooted? Have you tried wiping the cache partition? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Yep, it is rooted.. I did not wipe the cach partition. I just got TWRP, and running TWRP fixed my tablet. I will wipe the cache partition today.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's no longer running hot, then there's no need to wipe the cache (although it shouldn't hurt anything either).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech