MP3 Artist Tags...need help!

AlexAndAHalf

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Howdy! So I'm using the music player that comes with the Samsung Captivate, and it works fine for me...but there is one tiny detail that is bothering me to no end. I have an artist in my music named "Circa Survive." This artist name REFUSES TO CAPITALIZE THE "C" AND "S!" Haha I know how minor it sounds but its driving me nuts to see "circa survive" in a sea of other artist names that are capitalized accurately! I've tried using tag editing but most tag editors only allow to edit individual song tags, and no matter how many times I type "Circa Survive" into the artist name on those, it always comes out as "circa survive." I have also tried connecting my phone to my laptop via USB and checking the mp3 files, ALL of their properties have the artist down as "Circa Survive" yet the "circa survive" label on my player stays the same. I have even gone as far as downloading NEW Circa Survive MP3's from a different source...still lowercase! Help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Howdy! So I'm using the music player that comes with the Samsung Captivate, and it works fine for me...but there is one tiny detail that is bothering me to no end. I have an artist in my music named "Circa Survive." This artist name REFUSES TO CAPITALIZE THE "C" AND "S!" Haha I know how minor it sounds but its driving me nuts to see "circa survive" in a sea of other artist names that are capitalized accurately! I've tried using tag editing but most tag editors only allow to edit individual song tags, and no matter how many times I type "Circa Survive" into the artist name on those, it always comes out as "circa survive." I have also tried connecting my phone to my laptop via USB and checking the mp3 files, ALL of their properties have the artist down as "Circa Survive" yet the "circa survive" label on my player stays the same. I have even gone as far as downloading NEW Circa Survive MP3's from a different source...still lowercase! Help is much appreciated! Thank you!

That's interesting that it's always displaying lower case; I would be bothered too! I'm curious if this happens with other media players. Have you updated the Amazon Mp3 app, which provides a built-in media player? If you have, can you check to see if it's also lower cased with that app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781