Question [Newbie Help]

reginald_1986

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi there.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but here goes.

I am planning to buy an Android (leaning more towards HTC than Motorola only) somewhere between Q3 and Q4. So what do you suggest I should focus on currently? I mean what should I be looking out for now?

I am living in Malaysia and it takes roughly 2-4 months before new release actually hits the market here.

Been Google-ing around and read about Thunderbolt, Pyramid, Atrix. Hmm!

Any suggestions are most welcome :D

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The phone choice depends on the carrier that you feel most comfortable with and who has the best price pline.
Pretty much all android phones are going to be awesome, but what do you want it to do? Game, Business, Social media, or a little of all three?
The best way I see it to make a choice is to pick the carrier then choose by the need.

reginald_1986

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi tropper.

Thank you for your reply :)

I prefer a balance one (some sort of all in one) but of course a powerful device which will not lag that much (none if possible).

Currently looking at either HTC Pyramid or Thunderbolt. I am not really in a rush yet because I need to save up some money ahead first.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I would keep an eye on what is coming out, there will be devices that will be out later this year that haven't been announced yet. Any high end android phone that works on the networks in Malaysia should meet your needs.

reginald_1986

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Smitty_82

Yes indeed. Been google-ing now and then and noticed quite a few phones rumoured to be out. Well of course the specs must be good and must be able to keep me lasting like at least 18 hours of heavy usage daily if possible.

I see Android doing very well compared to almighty iPhone. Been Blackberry for awhile now and I seriously can't wait to try out Android!

reginald_1986

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You should have no issues finding a good android phone when your ready. Android Central is a good source and have a lot of information on international models as well. Check http://www.androidcentral.com/devices, there is good information on most of the known models here.

Hey!

I am sure I am at the right forum. Been reading the reviews a lot. Glad that helped me in some way especially in getting hang of Android. Definitely gonna take a look at the site you gave me!

Thanks bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair