I got this Certified M514 Android 4.4 Tablet 10" with 8GB's of storage and a 16GB HDD in it. I got it from Ebay. It will arrive on Monday via UPS. I never heard of this brand of tablet before. Does anyone know were I can find the manufacturer's web page, to d/l the manual and so on. Also I think the 16GB HDD is a typo. I think it is relay is a 16GB SD card in it.

Item specifics
    Condition: Used :
    Seller Notes: “This item shows signs of moderate use, but remains in overall good condition. This item may have minor scratches, scuffs or blemishes on the screen or housing. The box and/or packaging has been opened.”
    Type: Tablet
    Internet Connectivity: Wi-Fi
    Brand: Certified
    Carrier: Not Applicable
    Operating System: Android 4.2
    Contract: Not Applicable
    Screen Size: 10"
    Hardware Connectivity: Bluetooth
    Storage Capacity: 8GB
    HDD: 16GB
    Features: Bluetooth
    Color: Black
    UPC: 847169022913

Steve
    10-07-2016 03:44 AM
    It's fairly common for internal storage to be called "HDD"--it's definitely not going to be a spinning drive.

I couldn't find anything either. It's most likely a cheap no-name device with a nameplate slapped on it, without any appreciable storefront or customer support. If you're lucky, it'll come with some kind of paperwork that might have the manufacturer's contact information. Good luck!
    10-07-2016 05:31 PM
    I have the tablet now. It says on the back.
    ------------------------
    Ceritied
    MID-M514
    www.certifiedusa.com
    ------------------
    When I type into Firefox the www.certifiedusa.com I end up with the following web page http://www.mastersclubinc.com/ . The table is up and running. The "developer options" is enabled. The APP "Root Checker" reports that the tablet is not rooted. Holding the power plus volume down isn't bringing up the Android system recovery screen. The reset pinhole doesn't activate the system recovery screen. I hope the screen capture bellow is some help.

Steve

Attachment 241943
    10-10-2016 09:00 PM
    Sorry--I deleted your duplicate posts to clean things up, and for some reason the screenshot got zapped as well. Would you mind reposting the screenshot? Thanks!

I did find this Facebook page for Certified USA: https://www.facebook.com/CERTIFIED-USA-358870156551/. It looks like that mastersclubinc.com site is in fact related. Not sure if you'll get much info from them, but you could writing a message on the page.
    10-11-2016 02:15 AM
    Here is the screen shots again. The 1st screen shot is not a screen shot but a drawing that I made of the controls and ports on the right side of the screen and the top right side of the screen. As I sead. No mater what combo of volume plus, volume minus, power button and the mystery button. I can't get the Android system recovery screen to come up. I have some paperwork. A crummy owners manual doesn't say much and needs a powerful lighted magnifying glass to read it and a warranty card with a snail mail address of:
    Certified USA
    1486 s Central ave
    Los Angeles CA 90021

Via my Amateur radio friends in Los Angeles (I used to live in Los Angeles). I found out that, that store front is a shipping center and private PO Box place for forwarding mail and packages to only God knows where. That's what they report. Other then the fact that I can't get into the Android system recovery screen to beable to root it. it works great. And the fact that the 5vdc charge line is separate from the MICRO/USB port comes in handy for syncing to the laptop.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails I am looking for info on a  Certified M514 Android 4.4 Tab-m514.jpg   I am looking for info on a  Certified M514 Android 4.4 Tab-about-tablet.jpg  
    10-12-2016 12:31 AM
    I finely stumbled on how to turn the Android system recovery screen. It isn't via holding down the power button and the volume down button. go to [settings, scroll down to "backup & reset" at the very bottom of the "backup & reset" menu is "recovery mode"]. It is a strange way to do it. My understanding of recovery mode is to beable to recover the tablet if for some reason the tablet won't boot in the normal mode. That's why the Windows recovery setup is on a self booting iso cd or an iso USB thumb drive. I found it while exploring all the menus and sub menus in the settings menu. Now I still have to figure out how to get into the home screen edit. Long touch the home screen just bring up the background wallpaper edit. And pinching the home screen does nothing.

Steve
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-12-2016 04:57 AM
    It does keep me bussy. No time to be board.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:00 AM
    Now I still have to figure out how to get into the home screen edit. Long touch the home screen just bring up the background wallpaper edit. And pinching the home screen does nothing.
    Good job on figuring out Recovery! If you can't find a way to edit your homescreen order, you could always install an alternate launcher (unless you're short on installation space).
    reble likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:59 PM
    I have lots of installation space. All that is installed right now is the operating system and a few files. About 3/4th of the installation space is available. And every time I tackle a new problem like this, it boost's my knowledge on how Android works. I learn by hands on approach, asking questions, reading what I can and getting my hands dirty.

Steve
    10-12-2016 04:06 PM
    A good way to do it!
    10-12-2016 07:50 PM
    Do you have a name for the home screen editor app? And I still can't figure out what the mystery button on the top next to the volume control buttons does.
    10-12-2016 10:39 PM
    Now I know why I can't bring up the stock home screen panel editor. Because there is none installed period. And I also found out were all those useless extra app's comes from on any phone or tablet. It is the home screen launcher that dumps the useless app's on the phone or tablet. This is a bare bones tablet. Just the OS and the required app's to make it work and that's it. Small wounder that there is so much internal app storage space. Which is the best free home screen launcher that doesn't dump a bunch of useless apps's into the tablet?
    10-13-2016 03:39 AM
    There usually isn't a separate homescreen editor app -- the ability to reorder your homescreens is a function of the launcher itself, and not all launchers have this ability.

Are you saying that the launcher forces you to display all apps on the homescreens (i.e., there is no App Drawer)? What exactly are the useless apps you're seeing?
    10-13-2016 04:41 PM
    B Diddy I don't think this Certified m514 tablet came with a complete operating system in it. I think it only has the barest of the bare bones needed to start up and run. I may have to just the slate clean and install a new clean OS. Take a look at the screen captures that I attached.

There usually isn't a separate homescreen editor app -- the ability to reorder your homescreens is a function of the launcher itself, and not all launchers have this ability.

Are you saying that the launcher forces you to display all apps on the homescreens (i.e., there is no App Drawer)? What exactly are the useless apps you're seeing?
    Attached Thumbnails I am looking for info on a  Certified M514 Android 4.4 Tab-m514-home-screen.jpg   I am looking for info on a  Certified M514 Android 4.4 Tab-m514-apps-screen.jpg   I am looking for info on a  Certified M514 Android 4.4 Tab-samsung-apps-screen.jpg  
    10-14-2016 05:30 AM
    What your tablet came with seems about right -- it just means that it's a relatively bloat-free device. The reason the Tab 2 has so many apps is that Samsung preinstalls a lot of its own apps (which some would call bloatware) as well as other 3rd party apps like Kindle. None of those are standard "stock" Android apps.

It's a little odd that the default homescreen would look so asymmetric, but you can certainly create more app shortcuts on the homescreen and favorites tray with what you have (or with what you subsequently install).
    10-14-2016 10:10 AM
    Ok. I just though the os wasn't complete because, as u say, a lot of other phone and tablet makers preinstall a lot of useless (bloatware). When I 1st got into using cell phones and tablets I didn't know about bloatware. I though everything was put in there for a reason even though 3/4th of the app's I don't use. Now that I got the tablet figured out I am going to make the home screen a lot less asymmetric. I am not like my nephew and other ppl. My phone and tablet is not an attached part of my body. I am not on ether item darn near 24/7. My nephew can't sleep without his phone playing music or a video. God help this new generation if there em puIse or a solar flare knocks all this electronic stuff useless. I am in to Amateur radio with a side hobby of flying specialized drones with live feed video and data/aprs ( APRS: Automatic Packet Reporting System ) from the drone to my laptop whitch requires my Amateur Radio license to do. It is realy fun in good weather. In bad weather I am on my base station doing QSO's. Thanks for ur help.

Steve
    A PS, a favorites tray? I have somewhat of an idea as to what the favorites tray is. From the favorites in Windows.

What your tablet came with seems about right -- it just means that it's a relatively bloat-free device. The reason the Tab 2 has so many apps is that Samsung preinstalls a lot of its own apps (which some would call bloatware) as well as other 3rd party apps like Kindle. None of those are standard "stock" Android apps.

It's a little odd that the default homescreen would look so asymmetric, but you can certainly create more app shortcuts on the homescreen and favorites tray with what you have (or with what you subsequently install).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-14-2016 12:08 PM
    God help this new generation if there em puIse or a solar flare knocks all this electronic stuff useless.
    LOL

A PS, a favorites tray? I have somewhat of an idea as to what the favorites tray is. From the favorites in Windows.
    I'm referring to the bottom row of shortcuts that remains static while swiping through homescreens. It goes by various names ("dock" is another one).
    10-15-2016 12:53 AM
    : I'm referring to the bottom row of shortcuts that remains static while swiping through homescreens. It goes by various names ("dock" is another one).
    Yea I get yea. now I have to root the tablet. Some of the android ham radio app's that I use need a rooted phone/tablet to run
    10-15-2016 01:56 AM