Hello guys,

I have been using my new Idol 3 5.5 for a few days, everything was working great till I noticed this particular annoying issue with WhatsApp. The keyboard starts acting all crazy, typing by itself, etc. It is pretty annoying....

It only happens with WhatsApp. I use SMS, TapaTalk and everything works great there.

In fact there have no been any problems as I am typing this.

I reinstalled WhatsApp and it fixed for a while but now it started all again 🙁

I have searched the web for solutions, but my phone doesn't match all the characteristics mentioned by other users. It only goes bunker with WhatsApp.

Has anyone faced this same issue? What did you do to fix it.

Thanks in advance
    10-08-2016 02:05 PM
    I'd contact the whatsapp developers with all your details and they will look into it for you, it may be a bug they need to address..
    10-08-2016 10:45 PM
    I'd contact the whatsapp developers with all your details and they will look into it for you, it may be a bug they need to address..
    Thanks Tim. I will do so!
    10-09-2016 07:59 PM
    Tim, they replied very quick,

This was their reply:

_________

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

All components of the keyboard are controlled entirely by the Android OS, including multi-language keyboards, Text correction and Spell checker. Some of these features can be turned on and off in OS Settings > Language and Input. You can also add additional keyboards in these settings. If these features are not working, please note that this is an issue with the Android OS and not WhatsApp itself.

If you have added another keyboard, you can access this by tapping on the globe in the bottom left side of the space key.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

_____

🙁 it's just so weird it only happens with that App...
    10-09-2016 08:23 PM
    Well, that's not a helpful response. You have uninstalled and reinstalled, so that's one trick tried. If device and app are up to date, then I'm not sure what you can do. Perhaps some hidden setting, or an incompatibility between the two? I guess, try another custom keyboard?
    10-10-2016 06:27 AM
    Well, that's not a helpful response. You have uninstalled and reinstalled, so that's one trick tried. If device and app are up to date, then I'm not sure what you can do. Perhaps some hidden setting, or an incompatibility between the two? I guess, try another custom keyboard?
    I installed SwiftKey and its still acting weird... Will try with another app. Thanks for your suggestion. 😊
    10-11-2016 11:08 AM
    Clear the data of your "launcer" by going to My settings & Apps
    Thanks Sagar but I can't seem to find the option clear data.

I am in settings > app...

Edit

I see I had to click the whatsapp app. There are two options, one of them deletes everything regarding the account and the other is not working. I click clear and nothing happens
    10-11-2016 11:11 AM