Hello all, I am new to droid, less than 2wks and i'm trying to figure this thing out, the pamplet was quite worthless. First, does it have bluetooth?, Second i am a former BB user and quite loved the fact that i got notifications when i had a facebook request,mail, etc does the droid have this? And any other things i should know about this phone that would be handy? Thank you all for your help.
    02-20-2010 11:12 PM
    Welcome to the forums. The best place for you to start would be the stickied FAQ thread in the Droid Forum: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...e-posting.html.

And yes it has bluetooth.
    02-20-2010 11:50 PM
    yes thank you, i have looked through that and several other posts, but cant seem to find what i'm looking for, also how can i download my music from pc to my phone? Thank you
    02-21-2010 09:21 PM
    Hello all, I am new to droid, less than 2wks and i'm trying to figure this thing out, the pamplet was quite worthless. First, does it have bluetooth?,

yes, Droid is BT compatible. What specific problems are you experienceing? syncing? caller hearing you? you hearing caller? pairing? volume? file transfers?

Second i am a former BB user and quite loved the fact that i got notifications when i had a facebook request,mail, etc does the droid have this?

Yes, there definitely are notifications. for facebook, open the FB app (make sure you're logged in) and press menu / settings / then makes ure the box for "notifications" is checked. For email notifications: are we talking gmail or non-gmail?

And any other things i should know about this phone that would be handy?

yes, but we need to know what you want to accomplish so you're not overwhelmed -- what's the most important thing to you?

Thank you all for your help.
    and.... welcome
    02-22-2010 12:24 PM
    yes thank you, i have looked through that and several other posts, but cant seem to find what i'm looking for, also how can i download my music from pc to my phone? Thank you
    Put simply, connect to PC, find or create the folder for music on your SD card and then drag and drop... in case this explanation was over your head, here's step-by-steps (I'm not trying to talk down to you or insult you, I just don't know what your experience level is)

Step by steps: (assuming your SD card is installed and formatted and you're using a windows based PC)

-- Plug USB cable into phone and connect to PC.
    -- On Droid, drag your finger down in the notification bar (that little gray strip on top)
    -- Press "mount USB" (now, your PC can "see" the Droid and recognizes the SD card as anu=other drive)
    -- On PC, click the "start" button (big button in bottom left corner)
    -- Select "my computer"
    -- Look for the drive associated with your Droid. it should say something like E drive or G drive and maybe removeable drive (Everyone's PC is different on this I find)
    -- Click and open the drive it and make it a small window
    -- If you want make a folder specifically for music, just right click, new folder, then on the folder, right click and rename
    -- Go back to "start" and open "my computer" again
    -- Find the drive that has your music in it, click to open and make it a small window next to the other window you opened.
    -- Right click, hold, and drag selected folder or file to the droid window and folder you just named, release
    -- Go slow, don't drag and drop a million songs at once.
    -- Once done, go to droid and drag down the notification bar, "unmount"
    -- Give the Droid a chance to "prepare" the SD card
    -- Open "music" app on phone and enjoy.

PS: You can also plug in your Blackberry into the PC at the same time as your Droid and drag ringtones from your BB to your Droid. If you do, make sure that you first create a "ringtones" folder on your Droid SD card. If you want to use the ringtone for email or text message notifications, you'll also need to create a folder named "notifications" - there can be duplicate tones in the different folders.

If this confused you, PM me. Or, ask questions here. The only dumb question is the one unasked.
    02-22-2010 12:44 PM
    How do you put a pic on your androidcentral account?
    02-22-2010 09:21 PM
    How do you put a pic on your androidcentral account?
    look on one of the blue bitton bars near the top of the page... "user cp" that stands for user control panel

under that look for "setting and options" along the left side -- click on "Edit avatar" and follow instructions there.
    02-22-2010 10:06 PM
    Ty for everyone's help, i have one more question, how do i forward my text messages since they come up in a thread. I dont want to send the whole thread just a picture.
    03-03-2010 06:29 PM
    Ty for everyone's help, i have one more question, how do i forward my text messages since they come up in a thread. I dont want to send the whole thread just a picture.
    Do you mean someone sent you a message with a picture that you want to forward to someone else?

Something to keep in mind is correct terminology. By definition, a "text" message does not contain pictures. A text message is more correctly referred to as an "SMS" - that stands for "simple messaging service". A message containing picture, audio, or video is an "MMS" - "media messaging service".

I don't point this out to be a big shot or get all geeky. It just may help your search in printed material or on forum boards to use more accurate terminology.

OK, that established. I use a messaging replacement app called Handcent. This replaces the stock app and makes SMS and MMS look prettier and have more notification options. It's free in market and highly recommended. Anyhow, the process I'm following is how MMS is sent using Handcent and may differ slightly if you're using the stock app.

Option 1: sending an image that is already in your phone: start a message (that is, open handcent or messaging app, select recipient(s), get in the field where you'd type) press menu button / attach / scroll thru options (probably in "pictures" - this takes you to "gallery" / scroll thru your folders and pictures and click on the one you want - pretty straightforward from here on...

Option 2: sending a picture that you recieved in an MMS: open the message containing the image / longpress on the image / select "forward" -- pretty straightforward from here on...

PS: When using handcent, it might help to first go into settings and set the MMS attachment size to max so you can send bigger files.
    03-05-2010 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD