Unrooted Moto G3 and can't boot

burrism

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
have the G3 with 6.0..For some obscure reason, I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone. I didn't find anything special so I unrooted.
That's when the problems started.
I have done a factory reset a few times but still can't get past the no command screen in recovery mode.
If I do a hard reset and uncheck the Google backup and restore, which does restore, well by the way, and reset, will this actually completely restore to original 6.0?
If I do it this way, will I still be able to do the auto restore from a previous Google backup?

Would the hard reset restore it to its original state?

Any help would be most appreciated.

thanks..

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
have the G3 with 6.0..For some obscure reason, I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone. I didn't find anything special so I unrooted.
That's when the problems started.
I have done a factory reset a few times but still can't get past the no command screen in recovery mode.
If I do a hard reset and uncheck the Google backup and restore, which does restore, well by the way, and reset, will this actually completely restore to original 6.0?
If I do it this way, will I still be able to do the auto restore from a previous Google backup?

Would the hard reset restore it to its original state?

Any help would be most appreciated.

thanks..
The phone will restore to the most recent OS version you had installed on the device. When you say unrooted, did you do anything in particular (flash stock firmware)? Or did you simply delete SU?

At this point your best bet is to flash factory firmware to get it restored to stock, if you can find it.

burrism

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks..

I unrooted from the SU..never flashed any other firmware except the img to get rid of the unlocked bootloader warning..that worked.