What is virtual reality?Is my phone compatible?

ben2go

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Would someone explain VR, or point me to a good resource that explains VR, to a simple minded old fool like me.I think this VR stuff is meant for younger people.

I have an HTC Desire,not an S model.Is my phone capable of VR?What do I need?How do I use VR?

Count Chokula

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
(Taken from Wikipedia)
Virtual reality (VR) typically refers to computer technologies that use software to generate realistic images, sounds and other sensations that replicate a real environment (or create an imaginary setting), and simulate a user's physical presence in this environment, by enabling the user to interact with this space and any objects depicted therein using specialized display screens or projectors and other devices.

To be able to use VR, you need VR hardware and a compatible smartphone. As for whether your HTC device is VR-ready, I'm unsure, but you can check the following website to see if your phone model is compatible:
https://www.freeflyvr.com/top-10-htc-smartphones-ready-for-virtual-reality/

ben2go

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
(Taken from Wikipedia)
Virtual reality (VR) typically refers to computer technologies that use software to generate realistic images, sounds and other sensations that replicate a real environment (or create an imaginary setting), and simulate a user's physical presence in this environment, by enabling the user to interact with this space and any objects depicted therein using specialized display screens or projectors and other devices.

To be able to use VR, you need VR hardware and a compatible smartphone. As for whether your HTC device is VR-ready, I'm unsure, but you can check the following website to see if your phone model is compatible:
https://www.freeflyvr.com/top-10-htc-smartphones-ready-for-virtual-reality/

Thanks,I checked it out.My phone specs won't support VR.Oh well.I haven't had this phone long.I may consider a VR compatible device in a few years when this phone craps out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay