Apparently there's a malware called Hummingbad that is attacking Android phones, read it on CNET . Problem is the only program that seems to find this "Hummingbad" program is Zonealarm , my Kaspersky, Avast, Lookout, Malwarebytes don't see/find it... so either it's a false positive or it just doesn't exist.

The other odd thing... searching this forum for Hummingbad produces ZERO returns... so is this a legit malware or a hoax? And why is Zonealarm the only one to detect this so-called malware
    belodion likes this.
    10-20-2016 06:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's actually a fairly old story. See this story from the AC blog: What you need to know about HummingBad | Android Central
    belodion likes this.
    10-20-2016 07:36 AM
    Yes, I realize the Hummingbug has been out for a few months.

My main question is why don't my other AV programs locate/identify Hummingbug... I have Avast, Kaspersky, Lookout and Malwarebytes installed on my phone and none have detected Hummingbug, but Zonealarm locates it as soon as I press scan. I scanned my other phone and all were negative with those same AV programs, but as soon as I installed Zonealarm it located the Hummingbug on that phone as well.

I have never installed anything outside of Google Play Store, and I barely have any apps installed. So, is Zonealarm giving a false positive??
    10-20-2016 03:51 PM
    It's an interesting question, because ZoneAlarm is Check Point's own security app, and Check Point are the ones who are being the most vocal about this thread. It could mean that Check Point is just really good at this, but there's always a suspicion in my mind that some companies make a lot of noise about a threat so that they can promote their security apps more. It's also notable in Check Point's own blog that Hummingbad has been on the decline over the past few months (even though it still tops their list).

You might consider emailing Avast and Kaspersky to see if they've incorporated Hummingbad detection into their apps. If they have, then I'd call this a false positive.
    10-21-2016 06:42 AM
    I tried posting this question on the Zonealarm (checkpoint) forum.. but their forums are NOT working, and it appears there hasn't been any new post on the forums in several months.
    10-21-2016 06:52 AM
    Hmm, that doesn't inspire much confidence for Check Point.
    10-22-2016 08:11 AM