Friends, i am sorry if there are plenty of questions like this one but please help me with this one. Me and my sister had to share an apartment with a guy with some mental issues (dont ask why), the guy also happens to be good with hacks and all kind of stuff. We left already but he keeps harassing my sister, he told her that he hacked both of our phones and know everything we do? She is freaked out but i think he is just trying to make us loose. Mine was always protected with password but hers wasn't. Now i had Reset to factory settings both phones and than downloaded malwarebytes and scanned with it but nothing showed up. A friend of ours told us to check if our phones were rooted with Root Checker program, downloadable from Google store, we bouth checked and according to the app we dont have Root permission. Can he somehow rooted the devices, installed something and unrooted it again, also can ir survive factory reset and scan with malwarebytes? The guy may had physical access while we were asleep :s s

Thanks all for your support!
    10-20-2016 08:59 PM
    Can he somehow rooted the devices, installed something and unrooted it again, also can ir survive factory reset and scan with malwarebytes? The guy may had physical access while we were asleep :s s
    He could have. And the only solution is to reflash the phone's ROM, then reinstall all the apps. (Don't back up the data, then restore it - it's easy to hide malware in data.)

Next time, keep the phone under your pillow (and hers).
    10-21-2016 02:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply There is a bit of a problem however, both our phones are new with warranty and also we signed with Mobile Operator (we are from Eastern Europe, its practice here) and we were warned never to root the phone in any case (In the past they were somehow programmed to work with only one Mobile operator, now i dont know if that practice still exists). Is there any possible way to clarify if the phones were routed, probably checking the memory or some scan, or any chance to see if our phones were ever rooted, or if the hacker is good enough it will be impossible to find that out?
    Also, i am totaly unaware how to reflash the ROM, is there any How to do site. My phone is Xperia Z5, my sisters is Z3, again mine was always locked with password, could he have somehow bypassed the password without leaving trace?
    10-21-2016 08:35 PM
    Also i need to know if we turn off wifi and mobile network, is it possible for this guy to manage to turn them on and access our phones remotely?
    I found about possibility that this could happen with special kind of sms, but will they leave any trace?Thanks again for your time helping us..
    10-21-2016 08:43 PM