Ok, I have had my Thunderbolt for just under 4 days. While on foot pursuit in the weee hours here in Philadelphia tragedy befell my TB. I now have a cracked screen. I will obviously be getting a replacement as soon as the VZW stores open. Here is my issue, being a brand new convert to android, how do I back everything up on this phone. So when I get my new one I can just throw everything right on and not have to re-download everything. I hate to say it but I am used to BB Desktop so I am not very good at this. Any help would be great.
    04-01-2011 02:52 AM
    Ok, I have had my Thunderbolt for just under 4 days. While on foot pursuit in the weee hours here in Philadelphia tragedy befell my TB. I now have a cracked screen. I will obviously be getting a replacement as soon as the VZW stores open. Here is my issue, being a brand new convert to android, how do I back everything up on this phone. So when I get my new one I can just throw everything right on and not have to re-download everything. I hate to say it but I am used to BB Desktop so I am not very good at this. Any help would be great.
    Well, HTC Sync should do most of the normal things as contacts, fotos and such, and it shouldn't care when you re-sync as long as you get the same phone.

For downloaded apps, you can use a program called Titanium Backup. It will back them to the SD card, so you only need to swap cards to the new phone.
    (in theory of course)
    squane123 likes this.
    04-01-2011 04:19 AM
    Thank you I will make sure to do that as soon as I get home.
    04-01-2011 05:26 AM
    But as for myself, I am a believer, that to makes sure that apps work ok, I prefer to download certain apps from the "Market" again. But titanium should be ok for most. Besides, you are swapping to the same phone with the same OS.
    04-01-2011 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD