Galaxy S6 Edge. Forgotten pattern but have pin access

JuliusHibbert

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
As the title suggests I have access to my phone via the backup pin, but seem to have forgotten my unlock pattern. (I think it's just stopped accepting it rather than I've forgotten it, but for arguement's sake let's say I've forgotten it).

I can still use the phone perfectly well, but I'd like to either set a new pattern or use another unlock method, but I can't do this without entering the unlock pattern. No matter how many times I enter an incorrect pattern, there is no option to enter the backup pin.

Is there any way to get around this or is it going to have to be a factory reset?

Many thanks in advance for any advice :D
Galaxy S6 Edge on Three UK

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would try contacting Samsung. They may have a way to send an override or something.

JuliusHibbert

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you :) I think it may come to that. I was hoping there would be a way to bypass the pattern seeing as I know the backup pin, but contacting Samsung or a factory reset might be the best idea :) Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you :) I think it may come to that. I was hoping there would be a way to bypass the pattern seeing as I know the backup pin, but contacting Samsung or a factory reset might be the best idea :) Thanks
A pin is a more secure form of security anyway. Android does have a feature called smart lock that can keep your device unlocked when either in a specific area or connected to specific Bluetooth devices.