I want to backup everything on my phone, particularly the settings of the various applications. I figured out there are ways to do it, with or without root (Helium backup for instance). My phone is not rooted (Doogee x5 pro).

I wonder however:
    In case I loose the phone, or it brakes or whatever.
    And I than buy a new one, a totally different model (which likely will be the case)

Can i still restore the apps and the setting of the apps?
    The hardware will be more or less different than the hardware of the originally backed up phone.
    The version of Android may be different, possibly even a different generation.

Will these different conditions still allow restoring apps and apps data successfully?

Thank you

p.s.
    I'm fairly new to Android and smartphones overall. I'm tech savvy however, in general.
    10-29-2016 03:43 PM
    10-29-2016 03:53 PM
    Thank you PapaGary

I read the guide, however I don't see my question addressed there, in any direct way

This is the heart of my question:
    The hardware will be more or less different than the hardware of the originally backed up phone.
    Will these different conditions still allow restoring apps and apps data successfully?

Thank you
    10-29-2016 04:46 PM
    Thank you PapaGary

I read the guide, however I don't see my question addressed there, in any direct way

This is the heart of my question:

Thank you
    10-29-2016 04:46 PM
    Thank you for thanking me twice.

The different Android versions will make no difference as long as your apps are up to date.
    10-29-2016 09:14 PM
    Thank you

And how about a NAND back up?

Is this still transferable between different devices?

(I would think, no)
    10-31-2016 03:19 PM