Hey Guys,

About 6 months ago I bought a brand new Droid X through Verizon. My phone still functions fine but unfortunately I dropped it recently and the front screen and edges are all scratched up. The phone still functions fine but all of these noticeable scratches drives my OCD crazy!

Do you guys have any ideas or tricks as to how I could get a replacement phone for free or cheap? I don't want to pay $90 through Asurion just for scratches but I really hate looking at my beautiful phone so beat up lol

The phone should have some type of 1 year warranty on top of the insurance right? I still have the original receipt.

I know "scratches" aren't a viable reason for a replacement phone but I'm hoping someone here has some clever ideas as to how I can get a replacement.

I appreciate the help.

-Steve
    04-01-2011 02:50 PM
    Are the scratches really bad? I've brought some phones back with scratches when something was wrong and as long as it wasn't too bad they replaced it.

Just take it back and say something is wrong with it. Or call customer service and they will send out a replacement. You'll get a refurbished device back though.
    04-01-2011 03:04 PM
    Are the scratches really bad? I've brought some phones back with scratches when something was wrong and as long as it wasn't too bad they replaced it.

Just take it back and say something is wrong with it. Or call customer service and they will send out a replacement. You'll get a refurbished device back though.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try calling customer service and saying that the phone is really slow. I can download an app or two that I already know makes my phone function super slow.

So you're saying they will give me a refurbished one for FREE because of warranty?
    04-01-2011 03:17 PM
    Yeah, it's a one year warranty. I always used the excuse my batter won't charge, that normally works for a swap. Or you can say it reboots itself all the time.
    04-01-2011 03:54 PM