Looking for a new tv for my media streamer.

Jakechip

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a media streamer and I'm now looking for a new tv, preferably an LED. I was wondering if there were televisions that would NOT work with my android media streamer, so I know NOT to buy them. I'm looking at downgrading to a more generic brand, but want to make sure I can still use the mymatrixtv box. I checked their support forum, but didn't see anything regarding televisions/compatability. https://mymatrixtv.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000039373.

I'm thinking as long as it has an HDMI port, it should be ok?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, unless it's doing something else with the TV, any box with an HDMI input and decent resolution for HD content should be fine.

Oh, and this isn't so much a problem nowadays, but if you're going for a REALLY cheap TV, it might: You have to make sure that they're not 'region locked' or set to a different standard than your box.

Joe Martino1

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering.......does the myMatrixTV streaming media player use Android SDK?

And no, you don't need an android TV to use any typical streaming media player. As long as it has an HDMI port.

Jakechip

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure. I don't even know what Android SDK means. lol. I'm more of an end-user and don't know anything about programming, operating systems and all that jazz. I ended up just calling them and asked them. Great service, I must say. They answered quick, wasn't put on hold, and got the answer I needed. Any TV with an HDMI port will work with a streaming TV device / box (as SpookDroid already mentioned). Thanks for the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12