EDIT:
    Went to a local phone repair shop, turns out it isn't water at all it's actually some sort of protective seal over the phone that is coming off because of overheating of the phone.

I rang Samsung and talked to them about it and they said that because my phone has a crack on the back then I'll have to pay for that to be fixed first before they look into fixing the front. Hoping it's free since it seems to be a design flaw, my S7 gets too hot to touch after using certain apps.

Hi everyone

About a month or so ago I dropped my S7 on the floor and cracked the back glass panel (nothing insane or exposing anything), last week I was demoing the Gear VR to a group of family friends and after I noticed there was condensation like marks under the screen, at first just one patch that looks like a finger print but on closer inspection has tiny little bubbles (I'm just assuming thats water). Couple days went by and I stupidly took my phone into the shower room with me under my clothes and now theres the same patch but 2 smaller cirlces also now.

I don't have a picture of it at the moment but the best way to describe it is like I've put on a screen protector incorrectly and its left air bubbles.

I put my phone into rice as advised by friends (myth or not) overnight and it hasnt done anything, although I know I should put it in longer, I need the phone for work.

I rang my local samsung support centre and they quoted £90 to get it replaced (if there is no dent to the frame). Is there anything I can do to get rid of the water marks? I don't want to get the back glass replaced just to have to get it removed again to get the water out. (kind of wish Samsung support centre had a vacuum to suck it out while the back was off, they said they wont fix water damage).

Any tips would be very appreciated, thank-you!
    11-11-2016 03:24 AM
    Get it fixed before it dies.
    11-11-2016 09:33 AM
    Went to a local phone repair shop, turns out it isn't water at all it's actually some sort of protective seal over the phone that is coming off because of overheating of the phone.

I rang Samsung and talked to them about it and they said that because my phone has a crack on the back then I'll have to pay for that to be fixed first before they look into fixing the front. Hoping it's free since it seems to be a design flaw, my S7 gets too hot to touch after using certain apps.
    11-11-2016 11:18 AM
    I also found out that when you run your finger across the 'stains' you can feel a rough texture unlike the rest of the glass, so I'm relived it isn't water under the screen. Still want it fixed though! Looks like my phone permanently has finger prints all over it.
    11-11-2016 11:19 AM
    Indeed. Water is the death knell of electronic devices. Glad you got to the root of the problem!
    11-19-2016 09:53 PM