I noticed that in his texts, there was a message that read: "(Insert name here) Posted 8 new photos." I forgot if the message said anything else, but it provided a link underneath it as well. The link led us to a site called "Fubar.com". It's a social networking site, but he has never been on this site, nor has he ever signed up for it. I know he's not lying because he's always honest with me. I just want to know if this was spam, or someone somehow got a hold of his number, or if the site wants to send a virus to his android.
    11-13-2016 08:52 PM
    Rule number one : never EVER open ANY link if you don't know the sender! Ever! One of the best ways to get malware.. I delete all messages if I don't know who sent them and have my mms auto download attachments off!! Yours sounds a bit spammish, we give our phone numbers out recklessly to all and sundry, they in turn sell our details to the highest bidder.. So, delete message, block sender and be thankful you didn't get hacked. And don't click on unknown links /attachments. Ever.
    11-13-2016 10:15 PM
    2 possibilities:

1. He signed up at the site or through their app and is getting automatic updates
    2. Someone borrowed his phone to use as for SMS verification on the account page of their app so they could use the code it generates and enter it into the app or website and then deleted the automatic message so that he'd never know about it
    Laura Knotek and Tim1954 like this.
    11-13-2016 10:20 PM
    Rule number one : never EVER open ANY link if you don't know the sender! Ever! One of the best ways to get malware.. I delete all messages if I don't know who sent them and have my mms auto download attachments off!! Yours sounds a bit spammish, we give our phone numbers out recklessly to all and sundry, they in turn sell our details to the highest bidder.. So, delete message, block sender and be thankful you didn't get hacked. And don't click on unknown links /attachments. Ever.
    This good advice in general
    11-13-2016 10:21 PM