I have a Polaroid P902B Tablet, which runs on Android. I have a 32GB micro SD card installed (Samsung brand) and the File Explorer can see the card and recognize it as 29GB of free space, but NOTHING will allow me to copy onto the card. I can access it to create folders, but I can't copy, save, store, or move anything to it. I've spend hours with the JOKE INCOMPETENT tech support offered by Polaroid through SouthernTelecom. They are practically worthless, although polite.

I realize it is a cheap tablet. Any help on this? Also, I installed the premium version of File Commander, and it says the SD card is read only and I have to activate the root directory of the card. I follow their steps and tap on the SD Card symbol where appropriate and NOTHING happens.

I'm ready to use this things as a Christmas ornament, or maybe I will send it to Russia and maybe it will collapse their economy...
    11-15-2016 10:12 AM
    You need to get that card out of "read only". You will need a PC and card reader and this program to try to fix the card HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    It's not a problem with your tablet
    11-15-2016 10:44 AM
    Thank you very much for the reply. I did it and it did not work. The disk is formatted. The File Commander program still says "Choose the root directory of your storage (or external SD card) to grant permissions to operate." So I followed all the described steps (for, literally, the 50th time or so) and nada. It does nothing. I still can't access save anything to the SD card.

On a related note, I could never get the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to run because on both computers I attempted to run it on told me I could not run it without administrator privileges. I want to clarify, I HAVE ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES on both computers, and I went through the process to verify that I do have administrator privileges. So my IT friend used a different program to format the SD card. *Note* I'm pretty sure I already formatted it prior to this anyway. Regardless, it is certainly formatted, but not with the HP USB tool.

I should have mentioned, before I posted the question, I put the SD card in my laptop and I was able to write on it and save on it.

Any other ideas?
    11-16-2016 11:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have any other SD cards you can try?

I'm ready to use this things as a Christmas ornament, or maybe I will send it to Russia and maybe it will collapse their economy...
    This made me LOL.
    11-17-2016 01:32 AM
    Yes, I did try a different card. It also failed. THANKS! I'm glad you laughed!!
    11-17-2016 11:27 PM
    What version of Android is it running?
    11-17-2016 11:51 PM