Got my new Google Pixel phone and want to clean up my apps. I have on my home screen about a dozen folders, each with respective app shortcuts. The problem is that I have many more apps installed on the phone, yet no obvious way to list the apps that DO NOT have a shortcut... I'd like to be able to see all these "orphaned" apps so I can decide if I want to uninstall or create a shortcut in their respective category folder on my home screen.

I searched all over the App Store and all I see is a few apps that at most provid a way to print the list of apps installed, and even that is done without showing their icons. But no way to see which apps do not have shortcut set.

Any better way to do his than printing a list of apps, opening my shortcut folders and crossing off the ones with shortcuts, then creating shortcuts for the remaining ones?
    11-15-2016 03:31 PM
    Mmm, that's odd. All installed apps (that aren't background processes) should appear on your app list. But if not for some reason, you can always access the Application Manager in your Settings. That should list all the apps installed and/or running.
    11-15-2016 03:42 PM
    Any chance you turned on the "hide apps" feature of the home screen?
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-15-2016 04:16 PM
    I can see what are all the apps installed; I want to see the ones that do not have shortcuts on the home screen. I do not look for apps in the central app list dump that lists them alphabetically, I do not find that list helpful. I look for apps in the shortcut folders that I set up on my home screen, grouping apps logically by what they do. The problem is that there are apps that are installed on my phone but that do not have a shortcut set - I want to be able to identify these apps so I can create their respective shortcut (or uninstall if no longer needed).
    11-15-2016 04:51 PM
    I can see "all apps". I want to see list of apps that DO NOT have shortcuts on the home screen, so I can create their respective shortcuts.
    11-15-2016 04:53 PM
    I'd say if you already filled up all : The Phone screens with icons

that usually range, between 4-8 : Use MSoft office or webmail

to make an apps list and Saved in PC-Documents while

you find the ideal app..Bad or good idea.?
    11-15-2016 04:56 PM
    So, you can see them in a list but not in your home screen (sorry, not familiar with the Pixel, don't know if they got rid of the app drawer)? If you have a list of apps (which I'm guessing is akin to the App Drawer), try long pressing on the app you want to place on your homescreen and see if that prompts you to place it there. If not, what about long pressing on an empty spot on your home screen? Can you add app shortcuts that way (just as if you were adding widgets)?
    11-15-2016 05:10 PM
    Sorry I don't seem to make my question clear. I guess some apps were installed and appear in my "list of all apps" but a shortcut was not made automatically on the home screen. So now there are apps that are on the apps list but not on the home screen. I access my apps on the Home screen, which is nicely organized in folders and I want to have ALL my apps organized that way. So I need to create shortcuts for the apps that do not have them. THE PROBLEM is that if I go to my list of all apps, I cannot tell which app already has a shortcut and which one I should now create one. I can go for each app and look in the Home screen folders and see if it is already there but that is a hassle and thought there is a way to simply list apps without a shortcut.
    11-15-2016 06:11 PM
    Sorry I don't seem to make my question clear. I guess some apps were installed and appear in my "list of all apps" but a shortcut was not made automatically on the home screen. So now there are apps that are on the apps list but not on the home screen. I access my apps on the Home screen, which is nicely organized in folders and I want to have ALL my apps organized that way. So I need to create shortcuts for the apps that do not have them. THE PROBLEM is that if I go to my list of all apps, I cannot tell which app already has a shortcut and which one I should now create one. I can go for each app and look in the Home screen folders and see if it is already there but that is a hassle and thought there is a way to simply list apps without a shortcut.
    I guess the only way around is check them 1By1: Review the shortcuts
    in all the Phone screens,.will give you a clue which-1's need icons
    11-15-2016 06:46 PM
    Yup, that's waht I'll do then; thanks for feedback.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    11-15-2016 07:04 PM
    Ooooh, OK. Yeah, unfortunately there's no way to do that other than checking your own home screen. I think you can't create two shortcuts for the same app, so maybe if you try to add your app to the homescreen and it doesn't 'take', then it's already there.
    11-16-2016 12:02 PM