Any way to change camera resolution with a button/shortcut/widget?

jbsjbs

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I use a Nexus 6P, Nougat, non-rooted. I use the built-in camera for 2 different use cases - pics of family/life/etc and pics of tech issues for work (error messages, screenshots, etc). The former I shoot at 12 MP, the latter I shoot at 0.9 MP.

I currently go through the settings each time to switch. I know space is cheap, I know I could shoot everything at 12 MP, I know I could later change the resolution, etc etc etc. Assuming I have good reasons for *preferring* to shoot at 2 different resolutions (I promise I do ;-) has anyone ever seen a means of changing the resolution with a widget/app/shortcut/Flic/etc? I'd love to have 2 buttons on my home screen that say "12 MP" and "0.9 MP" that would set the resolution (and potentially even launch the camera app) but I've never been able to find anything like that. Would be very grateful for any leads!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you're willing to have another widget/shortcut on your home screen, then why not just install another camera app and set it up to shoot in whichever resolution you want... then switch between camera apps for whatever the situation calls for.