Bluetooth audio stopped working on my Samsung, any fix?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Tried asking this in the "Ask a question" forum, no response, trying again here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime running 5.1.1, the latest available. I've been using the phone to play music via Bluetooth while driving my Hyundai Sonata. A couple of days ago while driving, the music started distorting, then stopped completely. The Bluetooth connection still works fine for phone calls. The title of the song and the artist still show on the screen and the timer keeps ticking, but no audio, as if on mute, even with volume on max. Tried unpairing and repairing, clearing cache and data on Bluetooth app, restarting phone and car, putting phone into Safe Mode, no joy. The problem must be with my phone, not the car, because the audio is working fine in the car with my wife's phone.

Any ideas for a fix?
Thanks,
b

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried asking this in the "Ask a question" forum, no response, trying again here.
Remember, we're all users here, not paid experts. If no one has an answer, or no one noticed the question, you won't get an answer.

A couple of days ago while driving, the music started distorting, then stopped completely. The Bluetooth connection still works fine for phone calls.
Sounds like a corrupted Bluetooth multimedia profile. About the only "fix" would be to reflash the ROM. (Back up everything - see Backing up an Android Device - because reflashing the ROM gives you the phone that came out of the box.) Try listening to music on a Bluetooth headset that can do multimedia - if that is the problem, that will give you no audio also.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
OK, thanks for the reply. By "reflashing the ROM", you mean Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory data reset, correct?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I did the Factory Reset and the bluetooth problem is solved, thanks for the help. Is corruption of the multimedia file just something that happens randomly, or is there something I can do to minimize the chance of this happening again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie