Email icon says I have unread mail...but I don't

Rocky2#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Mesmerize Froyo

I'm using the stock mail application with my 3 email accounts (Exchange, yahoo, and live).

My problem is on my home screen the mail app icon seems to be stuck saying I have 6 new mail when I in fact have no mail/unread mail whatsoever. Earlier today it said I had 1, now it's 6. I even read all the mail I previously deleted just in case that was triggering it. I turned my phone off then on again.

What is causing this and how can I fix this? The unread mail thing bothers me whenever I see it haha.

(and yes I searched but couldn't find a similar problem, only people who DON'T have the unread mail popping up.)

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
See if any mail got archived and is still unread. This happened to me on my blackberry. That was the cause for me.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

andyey

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Where can I find the "archived emails" that you mention??? My email started doing this just yesterday...I tried to delete my accounts and then put them back in, but that didn't solve it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Clear the Notifications in the Notification pull down and clear the cache in the mail app. That should get it.

Hope this helps.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
To clear the cache, go to Settings/Applications/Manage applications, select your mail app, and select the button that says Cache or Clear Cache.

To clear any archieved mail, you'll need to go to each individual account and check.

Arkiteque

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my HTC EVO 4G Design, but the clear data, clear cache buttons are grayed out. I have tried just about everything except removing the account and reinstalling it.

Arkiteque

dewmik

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue and found that Gmail had sent stuff into my junk mail and my phone was seeing it. I had to make some changes to my GMail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance