Why is my Proscan Tablet shutting off continuously?

Michelle Johnson9

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
My tablet is about 2 months old ! I have games and emails etc. on it . Now it will not stay on. Should I reset it with the reset button.? Will it erase everything on it? What can I do to not lose what I have on it so it will work properly w/o losing my data ? Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that it will not stay on? Does it completely power off by itself, or is it just the screen that's going to sleep? If it's completely shutting down, does it give you any warning (like a message that says "Shutting Down"), or is it all of a sudden? Does it matter if the device is plugged into a wall outlet or not?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Games tend to use the CPU a lot which may cause heat issues. If your device overheats then it will shut down. Does it shut down when doing normal web browsing or any other normal use other than gaming?
Responding to Diddy's last question would also help in diagnosing your issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After it shuts down, are you able to power on again immediately, or do you have to wait a while? If you can power on again, is the battery at the same level, or suddenly very low?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63