Hey all,

When this problem started I was using a moto xplay. My wifi would disconnect about every 30 seconds to minute and connect back right away. Long enough to stop certain downloads and web pages from completing. I thought maybe it was just the phone having issues but now I have a Oneplus3 and im still having the same issue. Its only happening on my phone. My other wifi devices are showing fine. Even the Moto X that my mother is now using seem ok.

Im currently using a Unifi AC Lite AP connect to my modem downstairs which also has wifi built in but I disabled it. I did test my phone a while on the modems wifi and the same problem is happening. Im suspecting it may be an app now but have no idea where to trouble shoot. Regarding the wifi settings, Iv changed the power level and the channels. Its happning on 5ghz too and im the only ssid in the area.

I guess I can just reset my phone and install an app one by one and monitor but if anyone has any tips or ideas I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks.
    12-09-2016 12:57 PM
    Does this happen on other wi-fi networks, like the one at your local library or coffeeshop? Or is it only at home?
    12-09-2016 05:05 PM
    Does this happen on other wi-fi networks, like the one at your local library or coffeeshop? Or is it only at home?
    Now that I think about it, just at home I believe.
    12-09-2016 05:06 PM
    Try creating 2 ssids one for each band
    12-09-2016 05:09 PM
    Try creating 2 ssids one for each band
    Yeah I did that in the beginning even before this problem started. When I tested on my isp modem I only tested on 2.4ghz
    12-09-2016 05:10 PM
    My guess is that it's an issue with one of the router's settings. Review this guide, and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    12-10-2016 01:44 AM
    My guess is that it's an issue with one of the router's settings. Review this guide, and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    I did a factory reset and still have the same issue. Really hard to pin point.
    12-10-2016 04:07 AM
    I just confirmed it happened on my mother's phone so maybe it is interference. Here is a scan from yesterday. I'm on ch 1 now and it seems a bit better but still happens.

I'm KonowalukAP
    12-10-2016 11:31 AM
    Yeah, it's pretty congested in your area.

Have you also checked the DHCP in your router settings, to make sure the range is wide enough for all of your devices? Also, what happens if you temporarily turn off the router security?
    12-10-2016 12:40 PM
    Yeah, it's pretty congested in your area.

Have you also checked the DHCP in your router settings, to make sure the range is wide enough for all of your devices? Also, what happens if you temporarily turn off the router security?
    Using an open network still has the same issue. My dhcp is default 1-255. There is only a few wifi devices in the house. I made sure when it was built I put cat6 drops in all the rooms.
    12-10-2016 02:09 PM
    Any power saving modes turned on, or 3rd party power saving apps installed?
    12-10-2016 08:40 PM
    Any power saving modes turned on, or 3rd party power saving apps installed?
    Nope not at all. It seems to reconnect even faster even though it was already quite instant. Is 1,6,11 really my only choices?
    12-10-2016 08:41 PM
    The channel selection might be router-specific. I recall seeing that kind of selection on a previous router of mine, but my current one allows me to select any channel from 1 to 11, if set to Manual mode.

Have you also tried Safe Mode? If it's an app you installed, the problem should go away in Safe Mode.
    12-11-2016 02:19 AM