Old Samsung Flip phone making faint beeping noise when charging (probably not in the right area...)

ReflexFX

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
So...
Just a little over 30 minutes ago I found a really old cell/flip phone i have been looking for since 2012. It was just laying under some clothes in my brothers room, I found the charger, and tried to put it and turn it on...
But nothing. It stayed black. I don't know what phone it is but I really need help.
It makes this ever so faint beeping noise though.
Download the zip provided. I am wanting to know if this is something about the battery or just a sound for invalid power supply. If i flip the little charger over so I can see the up symbol it stops making the noise.

Attachments

• Beeping noises from phone.zip
    412.8 KB · Views: 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't sound as if it's from anything normal. Leave it on charge overnight and see if it turns on.

ReflexFX

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to note, the phone probably isn't android, but i can tell you, it looks pretty old. It has a Cingular logo on it and stuff. I had to noise reduct the audio because of how much noise there is. I'm gonna see. Remember. I have been searching for it since like 2012... so its really old. And the screen does NOT turn on. Nothing dims... Not even backlight issues... I shined my flashlight on it & its definitely not on.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just curious -- why is it so important to get this phone to work? Since there are no Android flip phones (at least, none from that era), it's a featurephone ("dumbphone"), and you probably won't find a whole lot of answers here.

ReflexFX

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen it in a very long time. I only want to see what's on it and stuff, but I cant seem to find out why it wont turn on. I didn't know what forum to post on since they might be dead, so I posted here. I need to ask another actual android question too. It's kind of like this situation but I'm able to turn on the tablet. My old tablet from Christmas's ago, I found last summer. The screen is shattered, the touchscreen doesnt work right too. I can plug in a mouse but it doesn't help because it's an old unlock method with two fingers... Any way I can unlock it? (recovery mode doesnt work since there is no real buttons)

ReflexFX

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so, after charging it overnight, I decided to try and turn it on again. Still nothing. It still makes the noise.
I forgot to mention that if i flip the charger end around so I can see the up symbol it stops making the noise. And when I cant see it, the noise resumes. I'll send a picture of the phone.
https://scontent-dft4-1.cdninstagra...g?ig_cache_key=MTQwMzA3MDU2MjkzNDQ2MTE4MQ==.2

I didn't want to put the actual instagram post so I just sent the pictures.
Heres a picture of 3 chargers I found. Only two fit in.

https://scontent-dft4-1.cdninstagra...g?ig_cache_key=MTQwMzA3NTY3ODM0MTMwMDU2Mg==.2

The ones on the left fit, and the right one obviously don't.

What's really weird is that the adapter is making this slight noise (all adapters do)
But it's really weird...

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest about the flipphone is to try a new battery, if you can find one. If a battery is left along for years without charging, it will probably discharge completely, which for a lithium ion battery is irreversible.

For your most recent post, I edited it to remove the RAR file you had attached, because I think that was triggering the forum software to flag it for moderation.

For the tablet, I'm not sure what you can do if you have to use two fingers to unlock the screen. Maybe try connecting a USB touchpad via OTG cable?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand that you have to hold two fingers -- that's why I suggested a touchpad and not a mouse. So you're saying a USB touchpad connected via OTG won't register multitouch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca