I would like an easy way to view all my sent/recieved sms on a windows desktop.

athorod

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I use lots of sms at work. Once a month I have to browse through them all and summarize stuff. It would love being able to do that on a windows desktop rather than my phone. I do not need to send sms from the desktop, nor any other features or functionality.

Any suggestions as to the easiest way to achieve this, that is simple and free?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
MightyText does that, but it's buggy sometimes (not all messages showing up, especially MMS). If you have a Samsung Phone, the best way to do that is through Samsung SideSync. If not, you might want to look into a VNC app that lets you use/view your phone from your computer.

The best free solution, however, involves you having a separate number from your phone: Google Voice. That way your texts are always in the cloud, and you can see them from any computer as long as you have a network connection.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think Push Bullet also works, but not sure if it does past messages (or if you need to pay for that feature to be active).

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
This may help. This method backs up texts to your Gmail account on a PC. I would start on Wi-Fi & only start with a small no. of contacts. Google must save in some server every text you have ever sent. When I did this for fun, I stopped after 1000 texts (only had 20 or 30 saved on phone). They show in a folder & can be viewed just like emails.
Link - How to Back Up Your Text Messages to Your Gmail Account

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you use "lots" of sms you'll end up paying for whatever service except for Google Voice.

I think Mighty Text and Pushbullet have paid versions to allow more texts so it will depend on how many texts you get on average per month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay