How to remove "daily commute" from Google now? [FYI I have no "Work" place set in Google Maps]

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
How to remove "daily commute" from Google now? [FYI I have no "Work" place set in Google Maps]

Google randomly added an address to a convention center several hundred miles away from me.

I was there over a month ago and this just popped up a few days ago. I've never asked about this and I don't have anything set or labeled "Work" in my maps settings.

This is very frustrating, it tells me driving information. Updates me on traffic and directions and gives me weather info for that area. I'm almost considering just abandoning Google now because of this nuisance, there's no easy way to delete this in the app.

I can change the address, but not remove it.

Edit: Again. I do not have anything labeled as "Work" in the places section of Google maps. It's literally blank. Whether I do it on Google maps mobile or Google maps on my desktop. Both of those have "Work" not set to anything.
It's only in Google now that it randomly added a work address by itself. I don't even have the address starred or labeled as anything on my maps.

Edit 2: I had an idea, I actually went in to Google Maps. I then added a work address, then went back to Google Now and saw that the work address changed. Then I went back to Google Maps and removed the work address. Went back to Google Now and boom, the work address changed BACK to the previous address..

This is my post from reddit. I'm posting it here because I can't get any advice that actually works. Everyone keeps saying, go to Google Maps and remove my Work address and Voila! Presto chango. But again, I have nothing set as work. I don't even have the address starred, favorited or labeled as anything.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to remove "daily commute" from Google now? [FYI I have no "Work" place set in Google Maps]

You can try clicking the 3 dot menu in the Google Now app for your commute. You can then select never show commute to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463