How can I forward texts automatically to a Android on a different carrier?

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
My personal phone is a Samsung S6 on the AT&T network which is the best network at home BUT is terrible at work, which has cell repeaters for the Sprint network so I have a hard time making calls or sending text messages when I'm at work.

I was thinking of getting a second Android phone on the Sprint network to use at work and while I know I can forward calls, I really need to be able to get text messages forwarded automatically as well and I can't figure out how to do that.

If that's not possible, does anyone have any other solutions to my problem? It's pretty essential to get text messages as they come in since I have a child with a chronic medical problem and i need to be able to communicate with his care givers or my husband at any given time during the day (or night) when I'm at work.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Assuming you are on Android 6.x, does the S6 have the wifi calling option? If yes, does it also work with wifi texting?

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Assuming you are on Android 6.x, does the S6 have the wifi calling option? If yes, does it also work with wifi texting?
I didn't know about the WiFi calling option, I just set it up to activate. According to the AT&T website, it should allow me to talk and text over WiFi. Thanks! Hopefully this will be the solution, I'll report back!

anneroberts

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
New app and Web client allows customers to send and receive texts from several devices, Version 4.0 of the carrier's in-house SMS app essentially divorces its text from Web-connected PCs and tablets running iOS or Android. of other features, such as customizable auto-replies and text signatures.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
@maniacjoe, it's working, it's working! Thank you, I had no idea this was an option and I'm so excited that I'm back to having a functional phone. Now if only I can figure out why my battery life sucks so bad....

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
@maniacjoe, it's working, it's working! Thank you, I had no idea this was an option and I'm so excited that I'm back to having a functional phone. Now if only I can figure out why my battery life sucks so bad....
Glad I could help.

Being in an area with poor signal strength makes the phone use more power to find the towers.
Try turning off the cell data when you have wifi calling turned on and see what happens.
There may be side effects that I am not thinking of....