Hi,

I have a Note 4 (N910C), everything works fine except for the main camera, there are coloured lines on the images, these are not lines on the camera lens. The front face camera is perfect, no problems.

When viewing the main camera image before taking a picture - the lines are all flickering and changing. The lines are reduced in bright light, or if the battery has low power ~20% or less.
    I've tried a new battery, and have replaced the main camera but nothing improves the lines, they still appear on normal/dark images and are worse with a fully charged battery. If I cover the lens the image should be black, but it is multi-coloured.

The 3 images below show a dark image; a low battery power image taken in bright light 'Keyboard', and the 'kitchen items' are also bright light but with a full charged battery.
    I would welcome any ideas or suggestion as I'm not sure what else to trying at this point. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Coloured Lines on Note 4 Camera !?-20161211_121800.jpg   Coloured Lines on Note 4 Camera !?-20161208_233247.jpg   Coloured Lines on Note 4 Camera !?-20161211_121609.jpg  
    12-30-2016 02:56 PM
    If no ones got any ideas...
    Could someone recommend a different site / forum that may have more ideas about this issue?
    Thanks
    01-01-2017 01:07 PM
    It's not that no one has an idea. Probably everyone who has read this thread is thinking that you should take the phone in for repair. Since you already changed the camera module, and assuming the module is not also bad, then it could be the motherboard connector, or even the motherboard itself... but rather than advising you to buy a new motherboard, if you send it in for repair, they can isolate the problem and replace the correct thing. No one on a forum can pin-point a hardware failure. Take it in for repair.
    B. Diddy and belodion like this.
    01-01-2017 01:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I heartily agree with nahoku.
    nahoku likes this.
    01-03-2017 01:32 AM
    OMG 😭😭😭 we have the same problem, everything!. I tried to look at other forums i all they said was that i need to change my battery and i did. I bought an original one from samsung. It didn't solve the problem.
    05-05-2018 06:14 AM
    OMG we have the same problem, everything!. I tried to look at other forums i all they said was that i need to change my battery and i did. I bought an original one from samsung. It didn't solve the problem.
    Welcome.

I should not myself have suggested changing the battery, and from my knowledge of the AC membership, I think it’s unlikely that anyone else here would have suggested that as a fix for a camera hardware fault, which is what you presumably have. I think therefore that you’ve done well to join us.
    05-05-2018 12:34 PM
    I have the same problem as you , but with my samsing a50 Front camera , when I take pics in daylight is fine, but when there's less light those flikering lines appear,
    I wonder if as you said it's a motherboard issue , or just the camera itself
    06-10-2020 11:18 AM
    I have the same problem as you , but with my samsing a50 Front camera , when I take pics in daylight is fine, but when there's less light those flikering lines appear,
    I wonder if as you said it's a motherboard issue , or just the camera itself
    Hi, welcome to AC !

This post is old not sure if OP still has the device.
    06-10-2020 11:30 AM