Attach memory card reader to phone?

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Would love to be able to attach a SD memory card reader to my Thunderbolt so I could download photos taken with my digital camera to my phone's gallery. Any way to actually do that?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You could email them to yourself...

Is there no microSD slot? You could hook it to a computer via a USB cord and transfer files that way (when you hook it up, typically, android asks if you want to mount the sd card, the response would be yes)

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
You could email them to yourself...

Is there no microSD slot? You could hook it to a computer via a USB cord and transfer files that way (when you hook it up, typically, android asks if you want to mount the sd card, the response would be yes)

Yeah, see, can't email them from the camera. I'm looking for a solution when I'm out and about. What I want is to put the photos I shoot with my Sony Cybershot on to my phone when I'm away from a computer. I can do it with an extra device: Shoot photos on camera, download to ipad, use "Bump" to send to my phone. From there I can email, post to facebook, etc...as good as the Thunderbolt's camera is, it pales in comparison with what I can shoot with the Sony.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Nope. USB ports on these devices are not for hosting USB peripherals. They're certainly not designed to power USB peripherals. People already complain about battery life as it is.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope. USB ports on these devices are not for hosting USB peripherals. They're certainly not designed to power USB peripherals. People already complain about battery life as it is.

Too bad there wasn't some sort of usb reader that was powered by AAA batteries, but oh well.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I just found my solution and doesn't require carrying an extra attachment. The new Eye Fi direct mode introduced with their Eye Fi SD cards!

Direct Mode: instant uploads | Eye-Fi

Using direct mode, the eye fi sd card creates it's own wifi hotspot. You launch the Android app on your phone and can then automatically send photos taken with your camera to your Android phone, works with video too.

kingerick

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
has anybody found an alternate solution? I would like to do something similar. When traveling, i want to be able to take pictures with my camera and then while in my hotel, upload the pics by using my phone's wifi. I don't want to carry my laptop and i don't want to buy eye-fi. I already have more SD cards than I need, can't justify spending another $100.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon