i have a nexus 7.

recently, i can't charge it like it used to do. i tried all kinds of chargers, only one works. otherwise, even if it is plugged in, the battery will still decrease until it shuts itself off.

i also have to use a voltage monitor, i will have to plug and unplug micro-usb cable several times, before the monitor shows 1.9 v without decreasing to 0 v in less than 1 minute.

rarely, i can plug it in, and the monitor will show about 3.2 v, and charges the tablet until it is full.

--
    when i put it in airport mode, the battery doesn't decrease its power quickly. but when i keep the wifi on, it seems that the battery decreases its power quickly.

---

i am guessing that the battery is dying, right? some suggested that it might be because of the bad usb port.
    01-08-2017 01:12 AM
    Battery would be my guess...
    01-08-2017 03:51 AM
    You said you tried different chargers, but what about different USB cables themselves? Those are usually what go bad first. If you haven't tried a new cable yet, that would be my first suggestion.

If this still happens with a new cable, then I would suspect the port going out. If it were the battery, it shouldn't be decreasing when plugged in. It may be slow to charge, or not charge to 100%, but not lose power.

Another test you can do is plug it in and try holding the micro-USB plug still in the port while wiggling the cable just behind it. This is the most common failure point of cables and you would get connect/disconnect notices on the phone. If that passes, then try wiggling the plug itself in the port. Connect/disconnect notices during this would indicate a bad port.
    01-08-2017 05:05 AM
    yes i forgot. different chargers and different cables, etc. so i am guessing that it is the battery's problem.

i am thinking about replacing the battery, but i am not 100% sure if that will solve the problem.

one thing kind of puzzled me is that the battery seemed to die all of sudden. i thought that it should slowly disintegrate. all of sudden, it can't be charged when it is on. there was no warning signs.
    01-08-2017 05:08 AM
    If you've tried known good cables, then I'd lean towards the port being bad. Like I said earlier, it's unlikely a bad battery symptom would be to lose charge while plugged in. If the phone is pretty old, a new battery may be warranted anyway, but I wouldn't expect it to fix this problem.
    01-08-2017 05:25 AM