Keyboard button: .com

marciacatt

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am newbie, using rooted color Nook and loving it, BUT, I saw a keyboard with a specific button: .com and I want that button! (I think it was on the BN nook, before it got rooted (?), and now I just have regular keyboard. Please advise.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Am not sure about the Nook, but, it's android, so I'm sure you can get a keyboard program for it.

If it's like most phones, you goto settings/keyboards, and select the default keyboard.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to switch keyboards by selecting a text area and holding down on it. If you have more than one keyboard installed, you should have a list of input methods.

You can even go to the marketplace and check out other keyboards.

Also, some keyboards have different keys displayed depending on the input field. Numeric keys show up for number fields, and so on. Some of them display the .com button when the field is configured for url input.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to switch keyboards by selecting a text area and holding down on it. If you have more than one keyboard installed, you should have a list of input methods.

You can even go to the marketplace and check out other keyboards.

Also, some keyboards have different keys displayed depending on the input field. Numeric keys show up for number fields, and so on. Some of them display the .com button when the field is configured for url input.

Absolutely. even when inputting an e-mail address. But, you have to have (I suspect) a downloaded keyboard replacement. The market is a good place to start.