Internal Storage Issues

Eskabah

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I'm a super noob with this stuff, and this is my first post ever. Soo bear with me :)
I read around on other forums and google and didn't exactly find the answer I was looking for.

Apparently my Internal Phone Storage is really low. When I go into Manage Applications, my 3 highest are:
Contacts Storage - 41.45 mb
Facebook for HTC Sense - 22.83 mb
com.htc.socialnetwork.provider - 14.51 mb
What I'm asking is, what are the reprocussions of deleting any of these? Because, basically, the only way to up my memory is to clear data on these, all other apps are minimal. I don't want my contacts to lose their facebook photos and info on them, because half my contacts are linked to facebook (i.e. I didn't physically create them, just linked them)

I hope I'm making sense.. haha.

Also, under Settings > SD & phone storage the available space for the following are:
SD card - 1.68 gb
Internal phone storage - 6.03 gb
Phone memory - 608 mb
If any of that helps lol..

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
SD card - 1.68 gb
Internal phone storage - 6.03 gb
Phone memory - 608 mb
That's not "really low" unless there's a typo and one of the G's above should be an M. Where are you getting the perception that your internal storage is really low from?

I have 70MB free and I'm not really low.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can probably uninstall the facebook app safely. Or you can try to move it to the SD card and see if it still functions. I'd leave the other 2 alone.

You can download from the market Facebook for Android. It's a lot smaller.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Clear the caches and you'll have free up some space. You can do this by viewing the apps and selecting the ones want to clear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital