Hi all, i'm considering buying a sprint HTC evo shift on craigslist. It seems like a very good deal ($220). The esn is clear, but the guy selling it only has the phone, no box or receipt or anything like that. Ive looked all over but i cant seem to find anyone addressing this issue: If activate the phone with my current sprint phone # and then the phone gets reported stolen afterwards, would the phone still get deactivated and has anyone heard of this happening? also, what would my options be if this did end up happening?
    04-11-2011 07:29 PM
    Call Sprint and ask for their policy regarding this. They should advise you accordingly which should help you make the decision. Also, I'm not sure what used Shift's are going for on Craig's list, but if the deal is too good to be true then chances are that it is. Good luck
    04-11-2011 08:04 PM
    If my phone was stolen, the ESN would be reported to VZW with in minutes. So if the ESN is reporting clear then I would think you should be good, but check with Sprint just to be safe.
    04-11-2011 08:14 PM
    I agree with Smitty, if sprint clears the ESN I would do it. It seems to me that if I lost a phone and went in for another one Id say "I need a new Tbolt, I lost my old one" at that point they would say "ok Ill report it stolen/missing".
    04-12-2011 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD