Samsung s4 mini goes into sleep mode next to magnets so can't use car mount, I have answer

Bob Kate

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I wanted to use a magnetic car mount for my s4 mini, but it would go into sleep mode every time the magnet went near. After a lot of research I found out that this is because it thinks you're using an 's case', which when shut uses a magnet to put phone to sleep. You can't disable this, and I installed loads of aps to try and disable magnetic sensor but you can't without rooting the phone. Answer in end was really simple, the magnetic sensor seems to be in the middle of the phone. So I placed the metal sticker on the bottom of the phone and use the magnet there, it works. Wanted to post this as took me far to long to work this out!

NorthShoreDoc

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 worked fine with a magnetic mount on my dash (great for GPS) until an OS upgrade. Then it went to date/time screen. After reading a related thread, I figured out it's the S-view cover function that goes that screen when the cover lid is closed. Got to My Device->Accesories->S View Cover. Select Show in-call screen. Problem solved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana