Charging Problems with LG Tribute

Eskiyote

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I have a LG Tribute,
It was working fine while the display on & charging after for a few seconds but,
it powered off
I tried to turning it on but
It shows 0%🔋 but the screen turns on.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Typically there is a protocol which needs to be followed when recharging ones device. Power down the device then connect the mini USB power cord, wait a few seconds for the "charging" indicator to appear.

Make sure you're using recommended power cord and or charging stations to charge your device. Often if one uses substitute power cords as this can reduce or even hinder the correct amount of power flow to your device.

Upon occasion and even though a power cord mini USB connector my look the same, the cord could be inverted or missing leads as to make a proper and secure connection.

Lastly, Depending on how old your device is, the battery could have been damaged by leaving the device in charging mode longer than recommended. At this point it may benefit one to purchase a new battery.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If the phone shut off while showing some battery left and then at zero the next time you got the screen on, then it's most likely the battery going bad.

You don't really have to worry much about how to charge, though. Charging during use doesn't hurt anything other than to make it charge slower, or in extreme use cases, possibly lose charge (I.e. Running GPS, gaming, and downloading a large file all simultaneously). If you're having issues charging it, the most common culprit is the cable went bad. Micro-USB cables are weak in my opinion because they often break their internal connections right behind the micro plug housing. If this is your issue, I've had the best luck with the Volutz brand. A bad USB port can cause the same symptoms and there's some checks you can make to verify one or the other, but isn't as often the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze