Sorry for probably a stupid questions but I'm finding this annoying. I'm new to the droid world & I'm testing out different txt apps on my moto z. I've found that the emoji icons seem to be different on each of the apps. The built in VZ message+ has the nice round faced emojis I'm used to. The Google messenger & the Textra app seems to use versions of the same non round less defined looking icons. I thought icons might be shared or universal across apps. I'm I wrong?
    Since we are talking txt apps:
    -Is there a way to make outgoing/sent txt make a sound to indicate sent?
    -I read somewhere that VZ messenger+ would let me txt from my Kindle, is that right?
    -What are the best txt apps you can suggest I try?
    Thanks!
    01-27-2017 07:03 PM
    A smiley is created by typing a colon followed by a right parentheses, a frown by a colon and a left parentheses. How your app displays those symbols is based on the emoji images stored within that app or on the device.

This forum, for example, displays the smiley as and the frown as [I actually typed colon ) and colon (, btw]

You can actually download all sorts of emoji character sets, each of which will display a different icon for the smiley, frown, and any number of other "standard" emoticons.
    01-27-2017 07:10 PM