Why would my LG android phone record my phone calls

tamaica7

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded this app called wire tap its a anti spy app. Everytime a certain person calls my phone or I call someone, a red alert sounds and flashed your called is being recorded by LG android.

So please someone help me understand why my own phone is recording my calls. I have not requested this. HELP!!!!!!!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that app, but I think it's unlikely the phone is actually recording the call. My guess is that app is picking up on other apps that have permission to monitor calls. This is a legit permission many apps use. This way, when they notice an incoming or outgoing call, they can set themselves dormant and such and not interfere with the call.

tamaica7

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that app, but I think it's unlikely the phone is actually recording the call. My guess is that app is picking up on other apps that have permission to monitor calls. This is a legit permission many apps use. This way, when they notice an incoming or outgoing call, they can set themselves dormant and such and not interfere with the call.

Thank you very much for helping to understand

Last edited by a moderator: