Changing "default" options

Drybonz

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't able to find the answer to this question on the forum, so hopefully it's not something that I missed.

I am trying to find out how to change the default program related to an action. For instance, I am trying to change the program that launches when I click on a link from Dolphin back to the default browser. When I first installed Dolphin it gave me the option of which one to use the first time I clicked a link, but now I can't find these settings to change it again.

There are other programs, such as home screen replacements, that are also relevant to this question so if anyone can point me to the general place in the settings to change these defaults, it is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Drybonz

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I found it... for anyone else who is wondering, here's how:

Go to settings>Applications>Manage Applications... after it loads click on the application that you are currently trying to change, scroll down and click on "clear defaults". Then, the next time you trigger the related action, it will ask you what program to use again.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
oh and if you want to change the default on one of the pre-installed options like the default browser, you can click the menu button and then select filter, then select all...otherwise the default apps don't show in the list

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay