For the past 4 days when trying to access tethering/ hotspot on my Boost Mobile Stylo 2, it will turn green ( on) for about 5 to 10 seconds then automatically shut off and a message pops on the screen that reads " tethering and or Wi-fi Hotspot has been disconnected due to network problems. Please try again later."?? Needless to say I've been on the phone 3 times in the past 2 days with tech support from Boost. They've run diagnostics test and tell me there are no tower issues in my area. I have unlimited data with 8g of Hotspot and since my monthly cycle date was just Feb 4th, I have not used ANY of the 8g hotspot. I preformed a reset with the #72786# , as the tech support guy told me. Is there something I'm missing? I mean I'm no Einstein, but no dummy either. NOTE: My daughter has the same exact phone with same unlimited plan. Shes actually over on her data, but can still turn her hotspot on and other devices can locate it. Is there another code or reset I can try?? I've only had the phone 4 months and it's kept in great shape. I also tried starting it up in SAFE mode to see if maybe a 3rd party app was conflicting with the OS, but still got the same result. Thanks for letting me vent......really frustrating!!
    02-11-2017 11:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it happen in Safe Mode as well?
    02-12-2017 02:31 AM
    Yes. The same thing happens when in Safe mode. Its 9:50am here in Maryland and I just tried it again with the same results. Searched and searched the net with not a whole lot of suggestions. Think a complete factory default might do the trick??? Just a little apprehensive.....thanks.
    02-12-2017 08:52 AM
    It sounds like a problem with either the hardware or the firmware. You could try a factory reset, but if the firmware is corrupt, the reset won't do much, since it will just be resetting the phone using the corrupt firmware. I think either way, you're looking at contacting LG (if it's under warranty), or bringing it to a repair shop.
    02-12-2017 01:28 PM