Hello.
    I have an Android phone and I like to sell it to other but my cellphone battery have a problem and I can't turned it on. My cell phone have a pattern lock and it is not rooted too. I unplug my SD card and I want to know if in internal storage I have some personal information then the buyer can see them or not?

Thank you.
    02-13-2017 05:15 AM
    content://0@media/external/file/11340 look there....
    02-13-2017 05:47 AM
    Hello.
    I have an Android phone and I like to sell it to other but my cellphone battery have a problem and I can't turned it on. My cell phone have a pattern lock and it is not rooted too. I unplug my SD card and I want to know if in internal storage I have some personal information then the buyer can see them or not?

Thank you.
    Um. Boy, a lot here. Well first you have to fix it, maybe determine if you can replace the battery yourself (look on ifixit.com for some teardowns and repair guides). Then you'll need to factory reset it to wipe the personal data you still have on there.

THEN you're ready to sell it.

Have you tried turning on the phone while plugged into a charger? That might help.

Best of luck....
    02-13-2017 09:58 AM
    You want to keep your data really secure? Destroy the device.
    02-16-2017 10:16 PM
    Um. Boy, a lot here. Well first you have to fix it, maybe determine if you can replace the battery yourself (look on ifixit.com for some teardowns and repair guides). Then you'll need to factory reset it to wipe the personal data you still have on there.
    You'll want to encrypt it before factory resetting it, otherwise it may still be possible to find personal data left over.
    02-17-2017 07:41 AM
    You'll want to encrypt it before factory resetting it, otherwise it may still be possible to find personal data left over.
    How ?
    02-18-2017 07:39 AM
    How ?
    It should be a setting in the phone's security options. I think some are starting to come with encryption already enabled so it's not an option anymore, so double check your settings.
    02-18-2017 07:45 AM
    Once you fix the battery you'll want to PROPERLY reset it so the device becomes disassociated with your Google account so the buyer can set it up with their account.

Jerry's article on factory reset protection will have some guidance on this: Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central

It's also noted that some manufacturers have their own versions of this, be sure to turn those off also.
    ChromeJob and srkmagnus like this.
    02-18-2017 08:38 AM
    Once you fix the battery you'll want to PROPERLY reset it so the device becomes disassociated with your Google account so the buyer can set it up with their account.

Jerry's article on factory reset protection will have some guidance on this: Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central

It's also noted that some manufacturers have their own versions of this, be sure to turn those off also.
    As I guess reset remove all data, Am I wrong?
    02-25-2017 08:46 AM
    Yes. Mooncatt's suggestion is an added level of assurance that your data is removed.
    02-25-2017 09:14 AM