New Galaxy Tab rootable?

Feral Urchin

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy Tab in early April. Both z4root and SuperOneClick seem to fail to root it. Perhaps the dependent expoits have been fixed? Has anyone successfully rooted a Galaxy Tab bought new since 4/1/2011? If so, how?

Feral Urchin

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Look, Galaxy tab has been rooted since release,

2 links;

How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab With SuperOneClick Rooting App
and;
http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-tab-root-z4-root

Havent heard many issues. Follow any instructions...TO THE LETTER, I don't care if you think you did them before. Just do it.
Thanks very much for the response. In looking at the z4root link you suggested, I notice the instruction to install z4root from the market. Z4root is no longer on the market. I've downloaded a version of z4root 1.3.0 (hopefully a reliable one) and run it according to detailed instructions. Z4root starts, presents me with options for temporary or permanent root (I've tried each), then runs for around 30 seconds and dies while displaying the message "Acquiring root shell...".

Some other posts on the web suggest that the exploit on which z4root depends has been plugged so that "only SuperOneClick works now".

Unfortunately, for me SuperOneClick hangs while "waiting for device". I have found detailed instructions, followed them, but still no success. Have you tried lately with current firmware/android version?

Thanks again for your response.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae