Hello,

I recently sold my LG V10 and the new owner contacted me saying that even though the phone was factory reset, they need my Google login info to unlock the phone. I understand why thats done, but is there anyway to remotely disable that from my end? The last thing I want to do is turn over a password (even a temporary one I'll change immediately) to my Google account.

I removed the device from my account settings, but I'm not sure that fixed it. Is there anyway to remotely unlock the phone for the buyer?

Thanks.
    02-20-2017 01:49 PM
    No, this is Google's Factory Reset Protection. You need to remove your Google account before the factory reset in order for it to be considered an authorized factory reset.

Is the new owner near you? If so, I suggest setting up a meeting so that you can enter your information, allow the phone to boot up, then properly remove your Google account in Settings>Accounts, then factory reset again. After that, you'll be fine.

If the owner isn't near you, then maybe you can set up a video chat where you actually give him the information, and then after you see that he has successfully removed your account and done the authorized reset, immediately change your Google password.
    02-20-2017 05:47 PM